Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TRUTH

JESUS, is the truth, that speaks through us as we share the life in the bread and wine!
The mystery of the Holy Spirit releases the life of Jesus to those who remember Him.
Did He not fill the jars of water that were used as containers for a sacred ritual with New Wine and in the doing so desecrates a religious icon.

The grapes that are turned into wine reminds us that Jesus said ," I am the vine".

We share this meal so that we will open our eyes to see the hungry and the poor all around us and as we share with them we are doing it to feed Jesus!

It is important to remember the past and the sacrifices that challenge us to live by courage and by faith.
Yesterday was a day full of emotions. The pictures come to your mind; that we have seen portrayed on the screen , come alive as we hear the music of the last reveille and we think of all those young people who died for us. Freedom does not come without sacrifice.

Today I lead the study at Colebrook Church with my good friends of many years. We are studying how to be truthful and also loving. We all have our daily tasks and responsibilities that give to our lives some sense of purpose.

It can be difficult at times to face the truth that we are neglecting our spiritual reality; because we are lost in our busyness and striving to succeed. I have looked to religion to help me understand and to overcome feelings of emptiness. I have found life that radiated from the love of Jesus that I have experienced at different times in my journey of faith.

All I can do is to try to live with that awareness; that there is an inner glow of creative energy that comes from my soul. I get caught up with the externals which can make me feel afraid and alone.

Jesus was a teller of truth and this is the truth that creates the love that lives within us.

Jesus taught us to open our hearts to the Father to experience His passionate love for us and we can treasure the beauty and holiness His Spirit is breathing into us.

Each of us has a small glimmer of the truth that allows the soul to blossom into an unique and valuable part of who we are. Yes, the truth can set us free if we allow it to transform our old negative ways into a beautiful and compassionate human being.

The difficult part is to speak the truth in love that walks on the same path with other searchers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Mom.

love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks Rick, I always appreciate your comments!

Love mom