Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHERE HAS THE HOLINESS GONE FROM CHRISTMAS?

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
EVEN IF THERE IS TRAFFIC



Christmas is work and stress and dressing up and Santa Clause and what present can I give and what food should I make. Where is Jesus? We have forgotten to ask him to the party? Where is the Hush of Holiness that comes to the empty soul and fills it with indescribable beauty.

How can a small child, a tiny baby, born so long ago bring to us the awe of the angels who sang from heaven, the humble adoration of shepherds in simple robes, the humility of kings who knelt before this wee little babe.

Did they know, really know, this child would bring the very holiness of God not to the church but to the mountain side, to the seashore, to the roads he walked upon, to the places he visited the homes of the outcasts and sinners.

The priests came to mock and criticize and called him a tool of Satan. Yet, his very word cast out evil from unstable minds and brought peace to their souls.

I have no desire to write Christmas cards or even to buy presents. How can we celebrate when the insanity of war carries on; leaving young people scared or dead. Families mourn and cannot find comfort. Homeless people are everywhere and all politicans do is talk.

My 100 year old friend at the Newton Regency may have to leave. She is too old and too tired and too confused to be moved again. The government makes these decisions and ordinary people are helpless. Will she be there when I go on Thrusday I don't know. I have walked into rooms where people are dying but there was peace and yes that holiness of angels; but to walk into an empty room and not know where the person has gone is uterly heartbreaking.

We have all these great univercity trained people who are suppose to run our cities, our hospitals our schools, our churches and they have no compassion.

Yes, we have sent our box away filled with goodies for a child in a far off country, yes we meet next week to make gift baskets for poor and we out a lot of love into this making them very beautiful, and we will buy a meal for a homeless person one or more, and we make our hampers and we give to the foodbank and this is all apart of our church activities.

Maybe this is the holiness that comes in serving and giving and caring.

Carol has just phoned to get addresses and I spent last night searching for Stephan's address because I had a special card for him. I just gave Sandra his address and now I cannot find it. I feel like I am going crazy.

I will beg the doctor to give me something to take away the pain just while we go through Christmas. I have a ladies get together on Friday and a party this Sunday night but it is no fun when all you want to do is go home and crawl into bed and rest.

0000000So guys cheer me up!

The good news is that dad and I have agreed where to put the Christmas Tree by the hole in the wall so you can see it in both rooms. I want a resonable small tree and dad is going for bigger!

No comments: