Friday, November 21, 2008

THE GOOD- BYE PHONE CALL


Dad said, "they are only going for a few weeks"; as I hung up the phone with tears in my eyes.
Sandra and Randy were off to their big long journey to Australia. Yea, I think to myself Ken was just going for a year too. We volunteered to take them to the airport but it fit in with Mary's plans.

We love having our family close by but we realize that they have their own journeys to travel .

We did leave our families back on the praires to move here to the coast.

As I read the book "My Jesus Years" about a Jew comparing his religion to the Christian faith and all the different churches he experiences; I am reminded of my spiritual journey in the quest for faith. I look at the clouds knowing that they are continually changing shape and I believe that it is good to grow through all our experience. Gradually, we move beyond our selfish and self-centered reality, to become aware of how near God is to us all.

Aware of the mysterious spirit living within us and with us all. We are encouraged to live in the moment and to listen with our hearts that hears unspoken words. Time seems to go faster as you grow older. I never have enough time in a day to do all that I had planned.

The man on C.B.C. was sharing how in the later years we find that it is what is changing within us that is the most important. We are learning to laugh at ourselves together.

No comments: