Sunday, November 2, 2008

RHYTHMS

Today we change our clocks one hour but winter darkness already shortens our days. I tried desperately to sleep in this morning because to be awake at 6 is early but 5 is a way too early.
All I did was end up with a headache.

I know that I will have to change gradually and hopefully gracefully.

Physically and emotionally we are affected by nature; by its beauty but also by its power over which we have no control. Storms come and we have to struggle to survive or a the very least be prepared. We have been so spoilt because we get up and light comes by turning a switch, water comes from our taps and news from our newspaper and radio.

The soul responds to the rhythm of the spiritual life; that deeper self. Reading the scripture has been for me a way to strengthen my faith. Prayer a way of quietly awakening to an awareness of a love that is sustaining me. Music expresses the longings that we all feel but cannot always express. The soul hears heavenly music and if we become quiet we will hear the songs of angels and dream of greater inspiration and our trust in God becomes the source of our wisdom and our survival.

The mind grows as it learns from the wisdom of others and so does the spirit.

No comments: