Thursday, November 13, 2008

TWO STORIES

I got mad and took off the two stories because the spell checker would not go away.

I am reading my book "My Year With Jesus" by the Rabbi's son Benyamin Cohen. He is reminding me of Paul. He makes fun of both the Jewish and Christian Religion. Many scholars feel that Paul has contaminated the simple teachings of Jesus with his doubts and theories and wrangling. His letters written in the midst of his various struggles and in the heat of immediate controversy. Thinking and writing under pressure he comes across as an "embattled messenger". As "disagreeable to himself and to others".

But in his writings there are strong evidences that he was a man who had had an amazing experience with Jesus that changed his life but not his personality. He was passionate and outspoken; a brilliant and energetic "Moses".

I love to believe but am learning to question some of my beliefs.

Very windy morning wondering if the power will go out. Plans for today are tea and Jane's with other "golden oldies" and visiting the real oldies at the nursing home.

No comments: