Saturday, November 15, 2008

THE UNDERNEATH CURRENT

A PLEASENT VIEW WHILE ON OUR WALK FRIDAY WITH JANET



In every soul, in every family, and in all our relationships we struggle with conflicting thoughts and feelings. We want to have a healthy ego but we are aware that often we are saying to ourselves "I want, I think, I deserve, I need, I remember, I don't like" and many other day-by-day consciousness. Not matter what our age we all experience some ego angst that can make us feel anxious and deep within us , within myself, I feel an unworthiness.

Colebrook Church is doing soul searching trying to heal the deep wounds of miscommunication, mistrust and misunderstanding. The ego wants to blame others for its unhappiness and even our love for each other suffers because of the need to be right.

I have made many mistakes and have a sense of regret but hopefully I can learn from the past and move forward.

God is at work in all of our imperfections, if we allow Him to. I do not see Jesus looking at us and seeing a bunch of sinners or hyprocrites because of our weaknesses. I know that I need the grace of God to give me the courage to work through the mess within me.

The goal is to find new courage and new hope that transforms and renews us. This is our spiritual journey that redefines the meaning of JOY! A genuine joy that drawsa us together to be thankful and to inspire each other.

I am going to the meeting this Saturday morning, at Colebrook, to listen and to learn. I have enjoyed many good years at this place of worship and have many good friends there.

No comments: