Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A BUMP ON THE ROAD

LUNCH BESIDE THE RIVER ON WAY HOME
THE DRIVE ALONG RIVER ROAD

THE BEGINNING OF THE ROAD SANDRA TAKES TO WORK EVERY DAY - NOT TOO BUMPY


The news was disappointing at the eye doctor as dad received the news that the pressure in his left eye has increased. He had a sinking feeling even before going. We did not feel like enjoying our day down at the Sylvia taking pictures but both of us felt just like going home.

The Bible upon which our faith draws wisdom and strength encourages us to find meaning in our suffering. "Being a spiritual being requires effort." Benyamin Cohen - My Jesus Year.

This morning, like every morning, I take time to reflect and to pray.

A picture comes to my mind and that is how I experience the presence of God.
I see a bumpy road going up and down hills and on this road is a bus. A bus full of exuberant people hanging out the windows singing and laughing, just so happy to be together. Running along behind are the dogs barking at the cats inside the bus. Birds fly high above us all.
Unseen angels lift us high so that we are drwn closer to the light of Jesus.

We have experienced such great joy in our family even though we have all had sad tragic times.
I have always loved to sing and I believe that music has the power to heal and restore us.
"Grounded firm and deep in the Savior's love" came into my mind this morning.
I hope and pray that I will always remember words that penetrated my soul and bring life!

No comments: