Friday, November 7, 2008

WALKING WORKS

New Candle sticks! Yes I know the candles are crooked and the morror but I am standing tall.



It has been said that walking is good exercise. I have decided not to try skating or curling which I suppose is cowardly.

Larry walked over and got supper for me after I went visiting at the Nursing Home yesterday after his bad morning curling. That was very impressive! After we ate we walked over to the Applewood Tea House; where they were having open house with lots of goodies to taste. I love the fact we can walk to so many places; especially when I go to the store and forget what I went for, so it's back again. We bought some black candle stick holders.

I am reading a "Hilarious, Inspirational Exploration of Christianity from the Son of an Orthodox Rabbi. An insightful, moving and hysterical journey about finding one's faith."

Ken, would you guys like to read it I could send it with Sandy and Randy?
I think religion should be fun!

"Facing our own private calamities" opens a new world to us where we join many others having difficulties and we are all fellow travelers. One thing you learn as you go to doctor appointments and x-rays is that you learn to be patient and wait. The waiting room was overflowing yesterday as I had another x-ray. There was a young fellow on crutches and an old lady with a cane among all the others. It is an interesting place to be.

"We all have within us this capacity for Wonder, this ability to break the bonds of ordinary awareness and sense that though our lives are fleeting and transitory, we are apart of something larger, eternal and unchanging." -Learning to Fall by Phipip Simmons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks mom,send the book is Sandra has
Room on her port.

Ken