Saturday, December 26, 2009

CHRISTMAS HELPERS

Our warm welcome at Carol and Pentali's home.
Oliver talks to Stephen on the phone about movie plans.

This was a happy Santa helper, she radiated such joy seeing Santa in all his glory!
This was Christmas Eve.

Grandpa walking pretty good into Carol and Panteli's house early on a frosty Christmas morning.



Christmas morning.


We drove early Christmas morning to Tsawassennto be with Oliver, Carol and Pentali. The fields were white with frost and the world sparkled around us as we drove. We shared a quiet moment opening presents and enjoying being together. The fog chased us home and soon was swirling all around our house. I had thought of going for a walk but changed my mind and stayed home and munched on junk food.

We have received many precious gifts this Christmas and enjoyed the good food and the good times together. There was laughter and there was tears that came unbidden to our eyes. I want to be grateful for all the good things in my life; to have a thankful heart, despite the circumstances. We all find it hard to believe that Roxie, Kim's dog, that Carol and Panteli cared for is not there to greet us as she always did. I received a mysterious book all wrapped up outside our door which I thought was from Jane even though it said from Santa. Now I wonder who that can be?

I am reminded again that we are called to live out the gospel in our daily lives. I will be happy to have life return to normal but it is great being asked out for supper. I have been blessed by each one in my family during this busy time. It is hard to remember what day it is with all the excitement and enjoyment of the past few weeks.

Today I am planning to visit Pat because it is her birthday and also finally phone Jane. Then we are off to Carol @ Panteli's for supper with the gang, Sandra and her family drove to Wistler on this beautiful sunny day.
Here is a quote from my new book about snowflakes
Out of the bloom of the air
Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken.
Out of the woodlands brown and bare.
Out of the harvest fields forsaken.
Silent and Soft and Slow descens the snow.
---Henry Wadsworth from The Little book of Snowflakes by Kenneth Libbrecht.

No comments: