Friday, December 4, 2009

REFLECTIONS

Reflections can be difficult to figure out but so is life!


Yesterday was another cold day with an awesome sunrise. I had planned to walk over to Boundary Park to try and capture the reflections on the lake. They had been beautiful the day before and there was me with no camera. It is hard sometimes not to reflect back and think O well a year a ago I would have just walked home and got it and walked back but those days seem to be passing by.
I was reminded yesterday that the true meaning of Christmas is a time to love. Each day is a gift of time and sometimes we are fortunate to have time to spend with a friend and reflect on live. Today I am going to a Christmas luncheon with some old friends. The table will be beautifully decorated as will all the house and there will be lots of laughter. Laughter and tears can both be healing, strange but true; and grief needs to be expressed and listened to. I may be talking to myself as I pray every morning but I feel that I am being listened to.
Friendship is so important in my life and is one of the strong reason that I go to church to see and feel the love of good friends. Today we are bringing gifts for a single mom so it seems more and more we are focusing on giving to those in need. True friends give us tender support but also just as important is tough love.
"Without friendships, life limps along on the mechanics of love but lacks its soul."
Joan Chittister in Seasons.
What a friend I have in Jesus who smiles and encourages me, he does not dominate or control me but he sets me free by loving and accepting me. He stands by me with true friendship. As a child I believed that he was strong enough to carry me on his shoulders but now we walk side by side. I would be lost without his presence listening and just being there. I hope I do not get lost today when I am driving because I often do. Maybe I will get dad to print me out a map. Maps and me are not good friends and often confuse me more than direct me. Dad use to say in the airplane "look at the map and figure out where we are" and I would be paralyzed with fear.
"Love frees us to see others as God sees them." I must admit I often do not see clearly and like in my dream last night where I was carrying heavy rocks around until I stopped and asked myself but where are the flowers to add beauty and colour.
I like keeping in touch on face book seeing the pictures of the young people and having a laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the awsome surprise? Very nice pictures mom. Harris who I work with saw how pretty the sky was on Wednesday morning so Thursday morning he brought his camera, but there was not the pretty colors of the day before. I told him he needs to keep one at his desk, for this moments that just come up unexpecably.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I said sunrise not surprise. I went and got some good pictures at the Boundary Park Lake today so I will try to download them to-morrow. The pictures were from the Sylvia so I have just about used them all now so I can move on to the new ones.

I hope you can get a little break from studying. We are very proud of you! love mom