Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MISSING.


The little missing boy who wandered off in the snow with his dog was found yesterday. I hope and pray that he will now recover. I certainly panicked when any of our children went missing. Your heart stops with fear as your mind races to think of awful things that could happen. I had to put these thoughts out of my mind and focus on what had to be done. I am so thankful they were always found. Actually these are learning experiences to remind us what is truly important in life.
Yesterday was another cold morning. I missed my breakfast, I missed my walk but instead I had a car scan done at the Peace Arch Hospital. Dr. Nolte and his side kick are determined not to miss anything that may be going on within me and causing the loss of weight. I am eating less so I think that is the only reason. Both dad and I do not like to feel too full and I do not like to feel too hungry so I never miss a meal.
The nurses there are just the kindest souls. One took off my necklace and them gently put it back on. They did not make me feel stupid that I had missed taking it off.
I realize that I will miss having company this year I do not think anyone will sleep over. Sandra keeps adding beds and couches; she started with the dogs and now it is for family; so they will be a happy noisy group. But actually big groups are too much for me and that is one reason I am dropping in to see those who are alone and not just send a card. Today after dad goes to the doctor; his shoulder is not all that much better, but he did move that big generator. I should not have been surprised he often does crazy things when I leave him alone. I came in back from an hour and a half meeting after church and of course called out as I entered the house: "I am home. Where are you?" No answer, and no note and he was nowhere in the house. His car was here but he was missing. After checking all the rooms to make sure he had not collapsed somewhere I thought to look in the garage and there he was. Happy as can be I must add!
I will miss the Christmas tree but am looking for some decorations to put up. We do like the smell of the tree and the glowing lights. I have found some old Christmas stories that I am rereading.
Yes, I miss the energy, even though it was not as great as some peoples, of youth. I do not miss the tiredness that I often felt in years way past getting ready for Christmas. The baking and the shopping and the wrapping and the card writing and getting ready for parents to visit. Over the years each Christmas is different and so you enjoy the sacredness and the quietness even more.
I know my memory is not all that good now but there are some memories that seem to come clearer as I get a little older, day by day. I love to hear the stories of others so I enjoy visiting, and on Wed. we are off to Chilliwack to enjoy Ben's Christmas concert and see Morgan's on video from the day before. Carol is driving there today in hopes they will find her room to see the concert. Just like the White House their will be someone guarding the door asking for your ticket.
My prayer is that our family will all travel safely as they bring joy and laughter with them.
Come Lord Jesus, come to join us and fill our hearts of emptiness with love overflowing! ! !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding the lost always brings a leap of joy to my heart Jane

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the boy has now died, very sad. So when do you get the results of your cat scan?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think Dad was acting perfectly normally by going to work in the garage without leaving a note.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

thats terriable news about the boy ..

Ken