Friday, December 18, 2009

A NEW MAN IN MY LIFE

This is the old home Larry's grannie lived in for awile on Ladner truck road. She lived with us for awhile after being in hospital but I should have had some help; because she needed so much care. First it was meals in bed then washing and dressing and then complaints about the meals.
With four small kids I was becoming exhausted and the doctor who came to visit Kenny sick with bronchitis said plain out to Larry "Your grannie will outlive your wife". Now a days I believe there is so much more care for those looking after the elderly at home. There were good moments when we had tea and talked and I wondered if she realized or appreciated all I was doing. I never want to be a burden to my children or grandchildren so hesitated about staying with our granddaughter Theresa but she seemed to really want us to stay and the children were all excited and Morgan kept asking: What do you want for breakfast? Pancakes?

Today we are excited about Mary our grand daughter flying here from Kingston. Stephen and Shawna and Cameron will follow. We hope to see Leah and Craig after their car accident and maybe Chris will pop his head in you never know!

O yes the new man in my life!
The sweetest kindest fellow with no family who came here years ago from Italy. We met while I was on my rounds at the Nursing Home. I am always so glad I went even though my old friend nausea was back. I took some holly with me yesterday and delighted another dear soul. A hug and a visit mean so much but to me it often seems so little. I miss some of the staff who have left because of the cut backs we too had become friends.

Came home and the slow cooker had done it's job and I am back to using it again. It too is old and the lid is broken but it stills works. I am even trying some new recipes the only problem is I never have on hand all the ingredients. So unless I feel like a trip to the store I invent my own new recipe. I even did some baking the other day so who says "old dogs cannot learn new tricks!"

If we fall asleep watching T.V. we found out a visiter came quietly in to see us and we did not even hear. Caught napping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you dont have far to run and get any ingredients you are missing. I talked to Mary just before she boarded the plane and they were on time, so if you head over at 4:45 we shoudl be there right after you.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I remember that nursing home , I can't believe it is still standing.
I think it is better to stay at Theresas then to drive all that way home in the dark .
Ken