Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O HAPPY DAY!

Dad deep in thought by the picture in the Sylvia.
I was so pleased when dad was reassured at the cancer doctor yesterday morning. He had left feeling the doctor could care less about him the last visit he had had. The wind nearly blew us away and the rain was soaking our backs as we dashed for the building. It was one of those days nearly everyone would like to park closer to there destination.

Later in the day we walked over to get his new ointment and when we got to the store realized neither of us had any money. Good job we live close. And yes I usually am the one with the purse but had decided to take some food over for the food Bank instead.

This morning the car window is frosty and the temperature 3 degrees; a cold clear day. I want to write a short Christmas letter and do some cards. My distant cousin [we have the same great great grandmother] in Australia has had a difficult time. First her grandson son died in an accident and now son son has passed away in hospital with cancer. I walked down to the shops to find a Christmas card that would hopefully mean something.

Dad has no interest in card writing but is totally caught up in family history. He has found a great hero he thinks is a relative of his in Scotland. He was from Pollokshaws where there is a famous pub. I wonder if my family has any skeletons in the closet if it doess I think they are better left there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to pre warm my car this morning as it was so frosty. That is good that dad had a better visit with the doctor. It makes a big differenc knowing someone cares AND has the ability to help. We got our first Christmas card in the mail yesterday from Randy's parents, I guess I better get mine out.
Sandra
Oh, and I always like a good ghost story, so if you find any share them with us!

Anonymous said...

I think tomorrow will be below zero in sunny Vancouver .. it is sunny and 26c here today .

Ken