Wednesday, December 23, 2009

RIGHT OR WRONG

"If I speak in the tongues of men, and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." Faith, hope and love remain "but the greatest of these is love."


My most strongly held belief is that it is not about who is right or wrong but it is about being compassionate and loving. It is not what we say but how we say it; are we angry or stressed. Words have the power to crush the spirit if they are not shared out of love and respect. Yes, we all have our opinions and I guess I am pretty bold about sharing mine but my journey is a spiritual journey based on the word of God that I believe amongst the stories told there, we find a glimmer of truth. Yes the church can fail us and religion can deceive us because humans have told the stories and made the rules. I confess I feel a little sadness today and that is my problem I have to work through.
God for me is not on the edge of my life but he is my life. His presence brings me comfort and joy. I realize that we need to rethink the way we talk about God and faith especially if we are to keep the faith alive.
Words of truth do not penetrate until we are ready to hear them. A story is just a story until it becomes like a mirror that reveals to us a truth. We all have our yearnings and longings that seem more like dreams than reality. Maybe I live in a dream world and I certainly like to escape and hide where I feel safe. Yes, my faith is personnel but it is the foundation of my life and motivates me to care about those who are poor and lonely and suffering.
I had time after the visit of Tasha and Justice, Mary and Cameron and Sandra to visit my neighbor who has lost her husband and suffers from arthritis and wonders why she is still here. I have wonder that myself as I find I can do less and added to that I am becoming more forgetful.
Mary the mother of Jesus ponder the words of the angel and we all at times may ponder or question the will of God for our lives.
"The will of God may lie deeply concealed beneath a great number of possibilities".
Krista Tippett - Speaking of Faith
"May His light shine in our hearts
to give us the light of the knowledge
of the glory of God in the face of Christ."
2 Corinthians 4:6

No comments: