Thursday, December 17, 2009

SAFETY

The room Theresa made ready for us downstairs all warm and safe!
I cannot even look at this picture without my stomack feeling strange. I would never ever feel safe there or anywhere that is high.

The manger or cave where Jesus was born did not smell nice I am sure but it was warm and safe and they had company of the animals.


Although I find myself in a strange place in my faith, where I do not quite fit in where I use to be, I feel it is a safe place for me Not a place of confinement nor a place of insecurity but a place in the vastness of all that God is. Life is unpredictable and personal tragedy can happen to anyone. Believers do not live in a safe cocoon but in a real world where at times we are called to take risks and even be vulnerable.

"I recognize that I am being perfected by life" and because my security is in Jesus I can be different but still apart of a Christian community.

Though we are not always aware of the "presence of the Presence" in our daily lives there are moments when we experience the beauty of joy that fills the empty soul and I realize I am more than a shell, more than a body I am humanity created to find holiness.

I had three pictures I wanted to put on and my computer is refusing to allow me to do it. One was a picture of the lovely place Theresa fixed up for us to stay and another was the picture of the steel workers sitting on the edge of a steel girder having lunch. Now I have forgotten the last one. Anyway I will wait for dad to wake up.

We had a good time at our home group last night and of course there was more than enough food. We sang carols and prayed for each other. One husband was desperately trying to fly home from Castleguard, one woman is having surgery today, one has a bad heart and another may have, one other husband is away in the Congo where plans are not going as was planned but he may have been sent there to take pictures and come back and raise money for hospital needs. We all have grandchildren and prayer was said for our grand daughter to heal and recover from her car accident. One family is going to attempt to bring their mother who had a severe stroke home in a wheel chair for a Christmas celebration hoping to bring her the joy of being with family.

We volunteered to take the Christmas hamper to a family that has come to Canada in the last year. There is a lot of stuff to be carried in so we may need help. First we have to contact the family and find out when they would like it delivered. This is all good religion helping others and sharing our burdens with one another.
On my final try the pictures went on! Well was it prayer or perseverance both computers and God work in mysterious ways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got your pictures to get on? Was that downstairs that Theresa made a room for you? Randy got home early yesterday and brough the Christma stuff up, so it is all in the dining room, just waiting.
Samdra

Anonymous said...

Yes that was downstairs