Wednesday, December 30, 2009

FORGETFUL

Christmas day on the way home from Carol and Panteli's.


Yes I woke up a little later this morning Dec. 30, 6:10 to rain on the roof and realizing that we had no milk. I am definitely a day behind myself. The 7 11 helps rescue me. I quickly glup down some coffee and set off into the darkness. I hear the others slowly waking up.

I am reminded of the power of prayer in my life that helps me cope with the hectic days and last minute stress. Had a good visit with Lynda's cousin in White Rock and went to the early movie Up in the Air last night. Crazy days with lots of laughs because Larry B and Larry O are so different but they love to hear all about Larry's stories and about our family.

Off to the airport today and I will be praying all goes well for them for a safe trip home. It has been a good visit they are so easy to have.

I am reminded that to read a prayer or say one in your thoughts is the same as knelling in prayer. I am thankful. I need to get back to my early morning prayer time and my early morning walk.
I may forget some practical things but I believe that there is deep within a soul that lives in a timeless now which is another mystery of the spiritual life! !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And dont forget you are meeting the gradkids in White Rock for lunch today. I may be able to get away in time to meet you all, we will see. I am hoping for some sun this weekend so so I can clean up the garden a bit.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes qw have not forgotten. Wondering hos my boys are?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I'm glad the visit with Larry Olson went well.

I'm doing fine.

When I forget milk I now have to drive into Chase, which is about 6 or 7 minutes away by car.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

looks cold in your photos. It is hot here , cooled down to 29c last night hard to sleep .Going to sit by the pool at Felicas house for new years eve .

Love ken
ps Matthew is well