Tuesday, May 11, 2010

AUTHENTIC


As I enjoy the morning sunshine I see the dust and dirt that has collected on my windows through which the sun is shining. I can still see the beauty outside but I am distracted by the film that makes things seem dim. I look for authentic spiritual truth but am distracted by harsh reality and literal religious thought.
I see that I need to be set free from slavery to the past, to risk going through the sea, to reach a land of promise. I can read the old stories without getting drawn into arguing over facts. This allows the story of the parting Red Sea and the escape of the ancient Hebrews to have a deeper meaning.

I am discovering in Jesus a mystical reality that awakens the imagination through stories and parables that are authentic. We may question the words of Jesus but just like a story stays with us I believe that those who heard and listened with their hearts and minds would have a lasting memory.

Jesus was a Jew who had heard stories like the Passover repeated over and over again. He started questioning as a young boy visiting the temple discussing with the wise the mysteries of faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here safe and sound, wont see Stephen till Sunday, Cam slept at his girlfreinds last night, so hopefully will see him tonight. Lots to do in their garden though.
Sandra