Saturday, May 29, 2010

FRIENDSHIP


This picture taken from my friend's home at Chelsy Gardens, is a place where we often walk together. I am very fortunate to have many good friends. Today I attended a funeral for our friend's mother. Judy's mom died after being paralyzed with a stroke a year and a half ago.

It brought back many painful memories for me sitting at mom's side holding her hand and talking to her with no response. She could move her right hand a bit and would wave good-bye when I left. I wish that I had said more at her funeral. I remember travelling to Calgary and not being able to sleep that night. Brian had volunteered to talk about her and I was just to add scripture verses.

I believe that the Psalms are truly beautiful and express all the human emotions from passion and love to fear and anger. Jesus also expressed all these emotions which makes him truly human. I like to believe that as he came face to face with people they could see the light of holiness burning in his eyes; and that he could see the soul of the person he was with. Thus he could see into the heart of the prostitute as well as into the heart of the scribes and Pharisees. He felt a legitimate anger at those who took from the poor and betrayed God by their actions.

I am also thinking of what readings I would choose.

Psalm 34
Iwill extol the Lord at all times
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord
let the afflicted jear and rejoice
Glorify the Lord with me,
let us exalt His name foreve

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

A Hymn
For the beauty of the earth,
for the beauty of the skies
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies
Lord of all, to Thee we praise
this our sacrifice of praise.

For each perfect gift of Thine
to our race so freely gives
Graces human and divine
flowers of earth and birds of heaven,
Lord of all to Thee we raise
This our sacrifice of praise.


Holy, holy holy, Lord God Almight
early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee
Holy, holy holy merciful and mighty
God in Three persons, blessed Trinity.


What a friend we have in Jesus
all our sins and griefs to bear
What a priviledge to carry
everything to God in prayer.

No comments: