Thursday, May 6, 2010

LOVING SONS @ LOVING DAUGHTERS




Early gifts for me for mother's day! I seem to be earning the role of gardener with the garden tools, seeds and gloves in my surprise package and my card. Good choices!I am thankful for the help I get especially from Sandra.

I became a mother when we washed out the diapers and hung them out on the line every day. Everyday except Christmas and sometimes even then. If it was raining we had a hanging rack that we pulled down from the ceiling to dry nappies on. Very busy days with the four of you so young. Dad was extremely busy with work and all the other things he got involved in like being a volunteer fireman, going to council meetings, playing hockey etc.

I was young and I suppose in some ways we grew up together. Home is where we learn the tough rules of life, hopefully we learn to help and to care for each other and to forgive many times over.

Mother's Day is a happy time for me as I remember all the things we did together. It makes all those sleepless nights and trips to hockey and soccer games, doctors appointments and school interviews all worth while! There was also ballet lessons and swimming lessons too. There were the times when you were sick and needed some extra care which I was happy to do. The many meals and lunches that I prepared for you all. I am so glad to know that you can cook for yourselves and for others. Now that you know what it takes to be a parent you know it is very demanding. We have to balance that with what is going on in our own lives. You have experienced difficulties that I have not but we make the best of life that we can.

What part does the hand of fate play in our lives? I do not know.

I am proud of you and your sisters! You are all very loving to dad and I!

After our visit with Desirae yesterday morning I had a nap and then dad and I took a walk into the lush greenness of the silent forest. We are so thankful to have such a beautiful peaceful place to walk and take our lunch when it gets warmer. There are things we would like to do; like travel to Edmonton or Kingston or Australia but that may just be a dream. We have not made it to Victoria or to Salt Spring and it is not because we do not want to but the energy is just not there. We are doing our best to stay healthy and that is our gift to you all!

No comments: