Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WAITING


Waiting for my partner in crime to go walking in the forest. I have a busy day planned. We need to do a big grocery shopping and then I need to go visiting at the Nursing Home. Evidently us humans would be bored to death if we lived in a perfect world and then there are those of us who would not feel at home in it. If I did every thing right dad would have nothing to complain about; as it is I give him lots of ideas!

Running after happiness is like seeking perfection in my life or others, it just tries one out. We do live in an unpredictable world of disaster upon disaster. There are oil spills like in the Gulf of Mexico, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes not to mention cruelity, incompentence and stupidity. There are times of sickness and accidents etc.

"Including the divine in our reflections on our inner life [as well as th outer reality] is what elevates the spiritual tradition above and beyond psychology and self-help lessons." Everyday Holiness.

Faith for me opens the door to trust.

"Blessed be the one who trusts in the Lord
and the Lord shall be her source of trust." Jer. 17:7

Trusting helps me to calm my inner voice so that I can hear the needs of others and listen for the voice of God.

Just had a friend who I have been praying for have an amazing answer to prayer. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for giving of yourself in this way every day . It is a valued part of my day to read your inspirational writing. Love Jane