Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NORMAL


Hmmmm well it is good that some one in our family feels normal.

I guess feeling nauseated a lot of the time is not normal but is it something one should bother the doctor with. I wonder. I think like most people I try to cope with discomfort but I am feeling more tired too and cranky so maybe it is time.

I think it is time for what has been normal in the church to look at changing. I see the cross as a symbol of the need to change, to risk and to grow. Hopefully the church can open its big doors that have shut out the world to let the spirit of honesty and compassion be the light for our way!

I have just been reading about the sex abuse in the Catholic church, and it is also in other places like schools and sports and even in families. It makes you sick just to read about it.

Now I am reading in the "Future of Faith" about two Catholic Priests; one Bishop Oscar Romero who was murdered for his compassion for the poor and Father Gutierrez who also served in an impoverished parish and wrote and taught about liberation theology. He also was drawn to Yves Congar's thinking on the theology of the laity.

I was prepared for but a little disappointed in Colebrooks decision to carry on as usual. I know it takes energy and commitment to even be willing to see the need of change.

Jesus spoke and lived out this need for change as he lived among and worked with the suffering and deprived. Not even death and defeat can prevent the coming of God's reign of justice.

"As Gutierrez writes; Reflection on the mystery of God [that is theology] can only be done by following Jesus. It is possible in this way and in this spirit to think about and announce the Father's gratuitous love for every human person."
The Future of Faith

Today we wait the news of a new baby being born to Mary's step-mom with prayer for both her and Mary who will be there as Ken is away working. The baby was expected to come a week earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that being nauseouse all the time is not normal, or shouldn't be so it is a good idea to go see the Dr. Mary is on the way to the hospital with Isabell, contractions 5 min apart. She is a little nervouse, but will have a new sister today.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for them all! They are so fortunate to have Mary there.
love mom