Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE POTTER




A DAY OF LAUGHTER
Laughed and talked with Jane on the phone in the morning; then dad and I walked down to Zellers to have coffee with Shirley and Elsie. It is so good that dad can do some walking now. After lunch and a rest I dropped by to see my neighbor Rossanna who is very lonely but the wonderful thing was we laughed together. She gave me some little lights from the dollar store to put in my garden. She likes going in the dollar store and finding fun things. Her home is full of beautiful antiques yet she enjoys these little lighted flowers.

In home group we talked about God being the potter and we are the clay. God is shaping my life into something beautiful and useful, maybe like fine china or maybe a small jar. God has a design in mind as He molds us and I could sense His humour in the room as we laughed together.

I have always liked that scripture of God as Creator and artist and the One who never gives up. We talked about times in our lives that we have felt broken and how God transforms us from an ugly blob of clay to something beautiful. We are all so different and unique and we are in the hands not of an angry God but a master designer.

I was not laughing as your dad, the mad computer nut, climbed into bed with his lap top. I am trying to fall asleep even though it is annoying me. This lap top watches T.V. with us and I wonder if the novelty will wear off. Why cann't he be like me and go to bed with a book and quietly read and drop off to sllep as the book falls to the floor!

I clicked on something called followers and I do not think I should have done that. Help me somebody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, what happened when you clicked on followers? I am not a blogger so I can not help you. Thank you again for lending me your car. Mine was nice and clean and ready for our road trip now.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I do hope and pray you make sure of the weather before you head off to the northern world of Edmonton.

Some pictures of people are on the side of my screen. I do not know if that is a good ides. I will check with Theresa but she is slways so busy.
love mom

Anonymous said...

watch out for the summer snow storms Sandra...
ken