Monday, May 3, 2010

GREEN AND GREENER


Sunday, May 2nd, was very cold and windy and rainy. I knew it would rain because I had watered my garden on the advice of my gardener Sandra.

I was very proud of the amazing job that our church did in organizing the funeral service for over a hundred people. We do have different opinions but still work well together.

I am reading about our amazing bodies that are made up of all these cells. "Stunning new scientific discoveries about the biochemical effects of the brain's functioning show that all the cells of your body are affected by your thoughts."
A review of the book "The Biology of Belief" written by Bruce H. Lipton.Ph.D

The important fact is that our genes do not control biology. Epigenetics, a new field of biology, is unraveling the mysteries of how the environment [nature] influences the behavior of our cells without changing the genetic code. It is a field that is uncovering new complexities in the nature of disease, including cancer and schizophrenia.

Drugs and surgery are powerful tools when they are not overused, but the notion of simple drug fixes is fundamentally flawed. Every time a drug is introduced into our bodies to correct function A, it inevitably throws off function B,C, or D.

This is hard for doctors who use drugs to try to restore the unbalance that is causing disease within us. I am hopeful that in the future doctors will work with other fields to treat illness.

What this means is that we are co-creators with God who designed us to be able to live "lives overflowing with peace, happiness and love." This calls for spiritual wisdom to feed the soul as well as good food to feed our bodies.

"We are made in the image of God. and we need to put Spirit back into the equation when we want to improve our physical and our mental health.

I will start by saying "I want to be me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

l too have trouble with heights hence my dismal performance on the ski slopes.
l have asked the question who am l and have come up with a couple of answers #1, l am who l am and l don't fully know myself and #2 l am the perfect me! Love Jane