Friday, February 4, 2011

ADVENTURE

It must be wonderful to still be young enough to start out on new adventures.  I am always being amazed at all my children and the things they accomplish and the things they plan for their futures.  I am content to find my adventures in reading which gives me happiness that mixes with the joy of being with my family.

Not so good news about Sandra who has a disintegrating disk in her neck causing numbness in her arm and hand.  Could be from a car accident a while back.  My prayer is that she will improve.  Maybe there is something that can help.  There is also the worry about Randy's mom who had to be taken to the hospital by his dad still recovering from Colon surgery with pain in her ovary.  Waiting for news.

Theresa made us an awesome supper last night for Carol's last night here.  We had a good time talking and the children had fun as usual with Lego and stickers.  Morgan loves the little place under the stairs where I hid a few little treasures in a basket and she had great fun looking at each one.  Ben had a chess game with grandpa but I do not know who won.

Theresa headed off to Chilliwack about 9 and we drove Carol to Richmond to meet Panteli who would take her to the airport.  Good-byes are so very sad and Morgan sobbed her heart out and did not want to let go of Grandma Panteli.

I am very tired this morning and I think dad is as well.  We were so delighted to see his blog printed and I like reading it much better that way in a book form.  What a great story teller he is!  My printed blog is to arrive today but I am more philosophical in my search for meaning in my life.

I am reading the biography of Huston Smith who grew up in China with missionary parents and found his career to be one of researching many religions.  I see Christianity as very much a thinking person's religion that in this generation has to be open to scientific revelation as well as the mystical beauty that is hidden all around us.  I would agree that Jesus did not come to start a new religion, although he was critical of religion, but wanted to make each one of us open to the creative energy within us. 

Faith is a belief in ourselves and in the goodness of God and in the desire to serve others.

No comments: