Thursday, February 17, 2011

ERRORS


My computer seems to be happy continually making errors.  But then errors are a part of life.  There are many things in life we do not have control over and so be it.  We do not choose our parents or the position  we are in the family.  Where or how we where raised was beyond our control.  Disease happens to us even when we do our best to be healthy.  Some people just seem to have bad luck and are often in the wrong place at the wrong time.  But I believe that we all have times when we are blessed with the unexpected.  I have to learn to use both the negative and the positive to create a life that is worth living. 

My computer has shut itself off three times this morning and leaves me staring at a dark bad screen.  It then tells me an error has been made and I have to try and rethink my thoughts.

I enjoy this time each morning on my computer so I put up with its behavior, over which at this time I have no control.  It is important to accept our limitations and admit our errors.  Life can at times seem like we are fighting against the wind and yet I keep believing that the wind can change and become a powerful force for good.

I choose to make the best of it and carry on; restarting and restarting.  This is very similar to my life when often I have to restart from right where I am because I love life, I love learning, I know it is up to me to take responsibility to enjoy the good things and shake off the misery.  Each day is a new day to look for new possibilities and to decide to climb higher on my path until one day I will reach the stars and know that I have arrived where I was meant to be.

Taking all the advantage of the goodness of life gives me the courage, faith and determination to persevere.  I visited Jim in the Nursing Home and he really feels he has nothing to live for and yet he appreciates my visits and the cookies I bring.  This last time as we sat outside in the cold and damp air while he smoked a group of young people surrounded us and wanted to know about him.  He became the center of attention for a few moments.

"When a person quietly reconciles himself to all the contradictions that life offers, and can comfortably ride out or flow between the banks of pleasure and pain, expressing them both, but getting stuck in neither, then he has achieved freedom."  -Deprak Chopra  Do we have the courage to accept the things we cannot change and find meaning in a life that seems meaningless.

Growing old is facing your limitations and being willing and gracious to those who walk with us.

No comments: