Saturday, February 19, 2011

COLDNESS

The early morning reveal ice on our little back yard pond.  I got busy putting out bird food for the little flock that seems to hang around our yard.  It felt good to have a brisk walk in the sunny cold air but no one else seemed to think so as I had a solitary walk.  One starts to think what if you were the only person alive and it has been said that aloneness is terrifying unless one is comfortable with being alone all by yourself.  Maybe I need to reword that to express the value of being alone and being comfortable.  We have all been with people who seem to drift off into a world of their own thoughts and we are then shut out.

I sometimes meet people on my walk who give me an icy stare and I wonder if there heart is also cold.

Driving into Burnaby to take Shirley out to lunch brought the mountains so bright and clear and majestic.  Some of the people she has met have been nice but one rude lady really upset her.  She is making such an effort to adjust to this small space and all the different rules and regulations.  Sit here not there, sign in and out, etc. etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks cold , at least the Canucks were hot .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Dad aways compares our temperature with yours. It was cold in the morning but the sun warmed it up and it was a beautiful day for our drive.

How are things with all of you. I hope you can get a nap during the day because you sure need it being up with the babes at night.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Jasmine take one nap at noon, Matthew stays awake until 3 or so. Gives me time to clean , no nap time. Soon they will both be at school and I will be able to read and take naps again.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Jasmine take one nap at noon, Matthew stays awake until 3 or so. Gives me time to clean , no nap time. Soon they will both be at school and I will be able to read and take naps again.
Ken