Friday, February 11, 2011

SOFTNESS

I realize how awesome it is to be a great-grandmother and what matters most is not the wrinkles of time on my face but what matters is loving and being loved for a very long time.  Bringing joy to some one else whether they are young like Morgan or old like the two widows that live near me. 

Purpose is still woven into the simple acts of kindness that bring me joy and joy to others.  Within each of us is a soft spot, a tender heart, a soul.  As a child it was easy for me to believe that the world was full of God's love.  I was brought us not to question adults and I am amazed at the questions children have today.  One of the messages of Jesus was to keep questioning life and in our seeking we will discover what is real and what is false.

I never looked forward to my Aunt Susie visiting us.  She was my dad's Aunt who had taken him in when he came to Canada.  She was the sister of his real aunt, Aunt Polly who was kind and gentle.  Aunt Susie never had children and was very strict and critical.  She called me a silly child when I said I wanted to write stories.

Jesus was and still is the gentle spirit that encourages me.  Blessed are the poor in spirit, the soul that hungers for love and acceptance and the freedom to express itself.

No comments: