Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GOGGLE EARTH

Dad and I do seem to have trouble finding each other.  Yes. if I had drawn a map for dad maybe that would have been helpful. Dad loves maps and finds them helpful. 
He reads a book and he has to goggle where the place is on a map of goggle earth. Up and down the streets he can go and find out exactly what a place looks like.  Now  he is checking out London, Ontario where Mary and Michael John may move.

 He certainly has been all over the world in his goggle travels.

Maps do not help me but just confuse me.  I am not a good map reader and only feel more lost than ever.I do not like feeling lost in anyway; nor losing some one.  It can give you a feeling of insignificance and even panic; especially when you lose a child.

  I would be lost without an assurance of being loved; especially when I can be so unlovable.  I think that no matter what hard outer core people may put on underneath they are sensitive caring people.  We give each other little pieces of papers, awards of achievement, that become important because I know I like to feel appreciated and needed.

I can lose all sense of time when I get carried away with something I am concentrating on. 

The very most difficult thing for me is when I lose the sense of God's presence and I am aware of the emptiness within me.  I find it helpful when I cannot pray to be comforted by a word of scripture or read a prayer that some one else has written.  It is when I am lost that I see the need of salvation, not in terms of forgiveness, but a sense of worthiness.  The rare moments when I am able to feel that in some strange way attuned to something greater than myself

On these very cold days and nights I think about those poor souls lost on the streets of our big cities.  Everyone should have a warm blanket and a place to rest and yet many do not.  I am thankful for those who provide this comfort for our street people.

I can feel lost in the sadness and injustice of the world all around me.  Some have believed that God maps out a plan for our lives and this was called predestination.  There is no explanation for some who live lives of suffering and hopelessness but sin may be  part of the answer. 

I am having trouble with the Old Testament and wonder why God promises land to Abran and why he promises to bless him and curse those who curse him.No one deserves to be cursed so I think what God was saying to Abram was I will curse those who curse you because when we curse others we bring that curse back on ourselves.  Yes, I want God to be Good and to be Fair.

When I am lost in sickness and pain I want to feel the healing touch that can take it all away.  Strange though it may seem what I may need is forgiveness.  At times I find myself standing way back in the crowd that surrounds Jesus and yet in some mysterious way he sees me, and it is like no one else matters. He does not speak but he sees me.  Miracles still happen in unexpected ways and remind me that God is God;  and that He is still creating good, that if I search for I will find as a unifying force that is not whimsical or inconsistent but is real and alive among us all. 

I do not know if I have made sense so I will end this here. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your thoughts were pretty consistent this morning. My response to why did god say that to who ever would be that he didnt. Then you dont have to try and twist things around in your head to make them agree with your perception of god. What you and dad need are those phones with the apps that show you where the other person is. Not sure if it gets as what isle of the grocery store, but at lease it should say which dollar store. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good one
love mom