Friday, February 18, 2011

HIDDEN

I take so much for granted in life; like the simple act of turning on a light, knowing the heat will come on automatically, that the store will have food in it. that water will come from my tap, etc. etc.

I have faith that I will have light and food and heat everyday.

I have been reading about the early years of Christianity and finding the circumstances in which the words of the gospel were written helps make sense of some of the things I have struggled  with understanding.  The person who wrote these words  chosen to be gospels and letters had no idea that I would be reading them  centuries later.  My world would be beyond their comprehension, as theirs is to mine.  I believe that Jesus holds the key that opens the door to a spiritual reality that transcends time.  This will be continued later.

Christianity grew out of the roots of Judaism, a religion that believed in One God whose name they would not say, to whom they sacrificed animals and for whom they built a temple.  God's very presence was in the Holy of Holies.  After the destruction of this temple it was like they had been left deserted, powerless in a world that prided itself on its power and might.

No comments: