Monday, February 14, 2011

CHOOSING

Happy Valentine's Day!

I choose to get up early this morning mainly because I was feeling so restless in bed I could not sleep.  I was reminded in church that it is important to choose life.  It is important for me to look for beauty and goodness and to take pleasure in what I am doing.  I remind myself that there is a world of unconditional love that allows for laughter and creativity, even at 4:45 in the morning.

There are many sources of inspiration for me in my life that include family and friends and books and music.
There is an older man who I meet on my walks occasionally who always asks me when I smile at him how old I am.  I met him again yesterday and when I told him he said I was too young for him because he is an old 74.  So there you go I am too young for somebody!
The last two Sundays I have found money on the road just lying there waiting to be picked up; so I give it to the church and I laugh to myself, although I am sorry they have lost it, it will help the outreach in our church.

Finding inspiration in life is important for me and sometimes demands that I let go of preconceived notions and accept life as a precious blessing.   Information is helpful but inspiration is more enlightening; in the sense that it is awakening to the good and the sacred in ourselves.

Inspiration is the energy that comes with saying yes to life and being open to the breath of the spirit.  A gentle breeze can blow away the clouds of worry and create energy in an unexpected way.  I laugh every time I see a car drive by with a dog hanging out the window enjoying the wind on it's face.  I used to get car sick as a child and the only thing that helped was to sit by an open window.  I am reminded again and again to breathe deeply and feel happy.

"Inspiration and vision was then, and now is, and I hope will always be, my element,
  my eternal dwelling place."  William Blake.


Love bears all things\
Believes all things
Endures all things
Love never ends
1 Corinthians
Valentine's day, a day to be inspired, to express love with a full heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did dad allready buy you chocolates for valentines? Randy wanted to get me some on the weekend but I said no. How are you doing with cutting out the dairy? Are you feeling any better? Sandra
Oh, and did you get to ask Cathys daughter?
Sandr

beth bennett said...

Yes, I am doing much better!!
love mom

larry bennett said...

Happy Valentines day Beth


This is your loving husband

not your
elderly man