Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SUNRISE

My attempt at the sunrise.  It turned out a fairly nice day.  Good enough to do a little clean up in the garden which really needs it.  Also made sone cookies for me with glutin-free oats and raisins.  Hard work this mixing and measuring.  I am just craving all the things I shouldn't have for some strange reason.

Carol is dropping by about six amd so are Theresa and Ben and Morgan.  Come by if you like.

Dad has been watching the news about Egypt and the weather news here and in Australia.  Sure a lot of unrest and stormy weather.  Today looks glooming and rainy maybe a good day to visit the library!

"Love is the Smile you hold in your heart"  by Monica Sheeban   A book for me and Morgan to share.

Sadness comes to us all; sometimes it is for ourselves and sometimes it is for others.  Lomeliness and longings wrap around us like the fog and we cannot see any light.  Life changes and we have to change too and my hope is in the tender recreative love of God.  My garden will bloom again.

Storms do die down and the work of rebuilding starts.  The peaceful riots which have turned ugly will eventually end and hopefully there will be good changes in that country where many are poor and hopeless.  Freedom they say is worth giving your life for.  Isn't that why we fight wars?  Is that the message of the dross upon which Jesus died?

Just a little light gives me hope!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a day behind? Are you not doing mornings any more? Mary got sent home from day care because of the snow. Randy got a call yesterday that now it looks like his mom has ovarian cancer.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is so upsetting. I will add her to our prayer list like you say it cann't hurt.. See you later.

I sometimes put the picture on at night because I have trouble with pictures sometimes but I still write in the morning.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Randy's mom.
Ken