Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ANCESTORS

This picture was found among one of dad's photo albums and we do not know who they are.  Dad is still trying to search out past relatives although at the moment he has slowed down.  It takes a lot of time and patience.  It is not something I can get into.  Now this is a picture of a picture but I am amazed at most of the old photos and how clear they were.

I am reading my "Gluten Connection book and am convinced that this diet could help us
Even the cat!l.  Also a little viniger in water helps acid reflux.
My dad had an sister who was sickly all her life and I wonder if this was her problem. 

Now my challenge is to try new recipes and use things like eggplant, white beans, lentils chard and kale.  Maybe one thing a week.

Dad is having pain with his hiatus hernia so maybe I will try and find out what is good for him.  The pizza seemed to bother him (or was it the hockey game) and yesterday everything he ate seem to cause him pain.  We both seemed to be lukewarm.  We did drive out to Langley and pick up my blog book because I feel it is so personnel I feel I want it back home.

Being open to the stories in the Bible as myths adds power and reality
 that is both subtle and transparent.

"A myth can be a real story either told or lived".  -Thomas Moore

The purpose is to provide a way of relating to the mystery of life that encourages intelligence and imagination to see life with a deeper meaning and more worthwhile than striving to attain what others see as the prize.  We all have our gifts and when we use our own gift however small we bring joy and a healing presence to others.

                              "My Kingdom is not of this world."  John 18:36

Our beliefs do have the ability to shape us but none of us want to be manipulated into what dominates and controls most of the values this world would impose upon us.




If more people said yes to question #10 on our census allowing records to be accessed for researchers like Panteli did it would be helpful.     Who knows in the future who may want to look us up!

      The sun is shining  but there is a very cool wind blowing so back to a warmer jacket today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not remember question 10, maybe I did not have it? It is strange to look back at old photos and think they were real live relatives of ours and that the choices they made have determined at lot of who we are, by where we live and I would think in some ways even what we believe.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Mom I know you don't eat meat much but !
I am sure some liver and onions may perk you up a bit.
Pate on rice cracker would be ok as well.
The little girl in the photo on the moms knee looks
like Jasmine.

Ken