Monday, June 20, 2011

JOY! JOY! JOY!!!

There are so many reasons to celebrate the joys of life!

My mother's day poppy starts blooming on Father's Day.  It is good that we now celebrate father's as well as mothers.   Each are equally important and I am thankful that I had many years with my parents who lived to be over 90.

I laughed with Sandra and Randy as dad walked right by his daughter at the restaurant where we were meeting after church.  Every day is important in our lives so to express our love and appreciation is so important.  We all do it in different ways and that gives life it's color and vibrancy.

Dad and I are happy that Carol has returned home for a visit and we are anxiously waiting to see her.  She was suppose to arrive at 11 last night in Abbotsford.  She will be so excited to see us all as we are to see her.







Wine is a symbol of the joy of celebration.  Jesus loved to celebrate and this is the message of turning the water into wine!  The heart of his message was one of love and calls us to discover the importance of relationships which gives to life it's intensity.  Family and friendships free us from our self-absorption and transform us into  joyous  thankfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol will certainly find it very cold compared to her new home. I held off putting the heat on last night, but had a hot bath instead.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

I feel the cold in the morning so I put on the heat.

Talked to Carol and she likes it cooler, feels more like air-conditioning!

Meeting Carol and Panteli in Langley. She has to pick up her luggage and is excited to be on the way to see Ben and Morgan.

love mom