Saturday, June 11, 2011

HARD WORK

It was hard work winning that hockey game but so exciting.  I am glad different people are scoring the winning goals.  We enjoyed Sandra coming over to help eat up our left-overs and fill in details of their trip back East.  I can't wait to see everyone in September it is going to be a blast!

What a blast walking down Scott Road hearing all the honking horns and seeing so many happy and excited people.  Dad and  happily waved and talked to people out walking.  We did not get as far as 72 and a lot of cars did not either.  The police woman was doing a great job turning people around.  We came home and put our shade deck lights on.

All in all it was a great day and having a nap mid morning sure helped.  It was good to talk to Ken on the phone and I don't know how they are coping with all their different shifts and two very active little ones.  A time of great joy but also much fatigue and hard work!

I am thinking about starting yoga but will wait till next year and join a group.  I appreciate that it is very good for you even if it is hard work.  I took a class many years ago for two years and my children probably did not even know. No one ever asked "what did you do today mom?" 

Discovering the spiritual joy that can be found in "religion" is a challenge and a learning experience.
Belonging to any group helps one to learn together always with the goal of keeping it simple and not losing the sense of awe that has captured my heart over and over again.

Today dad and I will be going to a memorial service for a very dear and much loved lady from our church.  Her death saddened us all but Eileen lived a life that blessed many, many others.  We will miss her cheerful smile.

I am continually being inspired by my own family as they go through good times and hard times.

  My friends and my neighbors also inspire me.


Dad is actually laughing as he reads this book.    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when did you take yoga for 2 years? and why put off going until 2012 when it is right there at the church with all your old people? I cant wait for the hockey to be over, I find it very stressfull. Yup, hockey over and summer to start. Sandra

larry bennett said...

I think dad should go and scout it out first I went to yoga when we lived on 53 in Surrey.

I agree that the hockey is stressful. I wish I had gotten better pictures I wanted to keep walking to 72. The noise and exciment is just cracy but is fun just waving at ever one.

Warmer weather would be an inspiration too!

love mom

Anonymous said...

i hope it goes seven games .
ken

nancy-Lou said...

That book is hilarious....