Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMERTIME

Yesterday Mother Nature, bless her heart, teased us with a little taste of summer.  Dad and I enjoyed the drive out of Langley where we met Carol and Panteli on their way to Abbotsford and Chilliwack.  It was a good day for hugs and laughs and story telling.

We will now be looking forward to more walks in the Watershed Park like we had late Sunday afternoon.  Yesterday we came home and actually did sit out and do some reading and the warmth of the sun felt so good. 

My garden has gotten a bit wild but I will not be tackling it today.  Colebrook is having a strawberry tea so dad and I will go over and help set up at 4.  Again we will be in charge of the books.  This will be our first taste on our own local strawberries which are the best!

I am enjoying my mystery story along with my more serious reading.

Reading the stories gives me a chance to enter into a different time and place and yet all the same human emotions are there.  It can make you think and even see the spirit moving in the lives of people often caught up in tragedy.  I can identify with some of the characters and see the good and the bad in even the worse villains. 

Reading scripture is similar where we see people trying to live a good life with the help of God.
Truth mixed with metaphor and myth with the power to transform us from ordinary beings into spiritual beings.

Life is full of paradoxes and flows out of our limited ability to put into words some of our deepest experiences.  Times when I have felt the warmth of the spirit like a gentle breeze blow over me and within me. 

Yes, imagination helps me to believe in the impossible and in the spiritual vision of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that rose yours? Very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing Carol too, I assume we will do something together this weekend?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, that is my rose.

Sat. is Morgan's dance recital so we will be going there.

Should we plan a barbie for Sunday?

love
mom