Sunday, June 5, 2011

MISSED

Dad and I missed church so that I would not be too tired to enjoy Cliff's recital at a heritage home in Vancouver.  He was absolutely amazing singing classical German  Dicherliebe by Robert Schumann (1810-1856).  It was helpful to have an English translation of the 16 songs.  He was accompanied on the piano by a very talented pianist.  He put his heart and soul into the singing and has an excellent voice.



This was a beautiful little sun room off both the bedrooms.



This is better.  The whole house was delightful and I wouldn't even mind going again just to have a second look.

Enjoyed reading your comments on my blog which I always do.  I think you enjoyed reading each others too!

I am learning that whether I am happy about it I have to pace my self; which means I miss some things I would like to do but I am so thankful to have so many interesting choices.  I am learning to cook strange vegetables and even how to pronounce the names with lots of help from others.

I find I go to do something and get caught up and distracted by something else.

I found out what others do on Sunday morning while we are at church.  They cut their lawns and have garage sales and drive into town!

I think I am learning to think for myself and not just regurgitate.  I think I am.  I still love quotes and the words sung yesterday were full of all the joys and sorrows of love which is life.  Faith does not prevent me from having moments when I feel sad and misunderstood. 

Christians are strange creatures and we are all so different so you can never judge one by some one who does not the least bit Christian.  I think that it is important to free ourselves from the past generations especially when it involves tribal and religious bigotry. 

Laughter always is the best medicine and I have to laugh at my stupidity or I will go crazy, which I have moments when I think I am but at least I can laugh or try to laugh about it.  Took some money out of the drawer for our adventure yesterday and left it on the bed, but when I started looking in my purse where I was sure I had put it I was upset because I thought I had dropped it outside.

My question to myself yesterday was why have I believed the writers of scripture to be infallible?  Dad and I always remember things differently.  The main thing is that I am blessed to have a good, but sometimes infallible man, in my life to match my foolish ways.


I loved the wee children's things and there were even little outfits and old fashioned hats etc.


Dad really like the old fashioned dresses!

 And last but not least the bathroom,


No shower but a nice big bathtub!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of nice photos Mom,
ken

Anonymous said...

where was this place? And who would have thought that in your 70's you are still learning and changinging your views? Life is much more interesting I think if you are open to new ideas. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks you two!
love mom