Sunday, June 12, 2011

SECRETS

It is no secret that this bush has bloomed so amazing this year. Neighbors and friends have commented in passing our house.

The memorial service for Eileen, at Colebrook Church, was very meaningful and expressed the happiness that she lived every day.  It was a good idea to have yellow balloons and for people to wear yellow her favorite colour.

It is no secret that some of our spiritual truths have been built on illusions  from centuries of past interpretations  and on the difference between metaphor and fact.  What is the secret of discovering a life-giving spirituality?  I have the highest regards for the gospels and for other religious teachings when the message is one of grace and compassion.  Jesus did apply the teachings of many world religions but hidden in his teachings are secrets and wisdom of all the ages.

You do not have to be a church goer to seek for truth and one does not even have to be a Christian (even the definition is debatable) to make the gospels an important source for spiritual life.  That said I do enjoy going to church and learning from writers of books as well as the gospel writers.

Do you need to be a believer to be a follower? 

There is so much richness in the stories as told by the disciples of Jesus, subtle and profound, that when we dig deeper " we will find the secret messages that have been there down through the ages".  that have given to my life not only deep meaning but a source to express deep emotions.  It would appear that as human beings we have much to learn about how to live and let live.  I believe that knowledge is to transform and renew us!  As I bring the wounds of my spirit I discover healing in the songs of worship which bring an awareness of the love of Jesus wrapping around me and the breath of life flowing like a gentle breeze upon me. 

Thomas Moore writes about applying contemporary ideas from depth psychology and literature, and also his knowledge of world religions, to write about the soul of spirituality in his book "Writing In The Sand."


My first rose blooms and it feels lioke summer this morning. 
Dad chose to go to Gracepoint Church, as he is uncomfortable with communion.
I enjoy the worship music there as it is a little more lively.  I like both ministers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

about blooming time !!!
( summer that is )
ken