Wednesday, June 29, 2011

LESSONS

This is Wednesday morning.  Looks dull and cloudy not really time to blossom out in our new sunnies!

Yesterday was a very tiring day for both of us.  It took longer than we had expected and I had to go and put more money in the meter.  They did put the drops in and then actually put a little flash camera right in his eye.  The people that work there are extremely nice which helps.  The whole place was crowded and we were lucky to find seats to wait.

We walked to Broadway to have a coffee and then with sun glasses dad did drive home.  Then we both had naps.  Went shopping for supper and early to bed.

I am trying to read more controversial books that Rick would like.

I use to think things would happen to teach me something, maybe even God had a spiritual lessons for me to learn.  Yes, bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people and suffering comes to us all in some form or another.  There is some force that is at work in me and around me but I now like to believe that there is not some heavy hand trying to bring me to my knees to get me to confess.

I do need inspiration to help me let go of some of the things that I have been taught to believe.  I do find that inspiration in scripture but with the awareness that language, and ancient customs as well as the authenticity of the writers have to be considered.

I still have many lessons that life will try to teach me especially about being patient and understanding more open and available and more responsive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Sandra, commenting. Bake or buy what ever for tonight, dont worry aout it. Randy will probably get something when he is out at the grocery store as well. Gloomy but nice out this morning.