Wednesday, February 6, 2019

BELONGING

    Belonging is a natural part of being human and wanting to feel important in the lives of others.

Tuesday night we were invited to Carol and Panteli's to have supper and to have a visit with Theresa and Ben.  Theresa had been at U.B.C. to get a report on how well he is doing.  No ABC"s just colors of red and yellow and green.  This is also to let you know what you can improve in.

I felt very happy to belong to my family and share this time with them.  One by one we arrived thankful to be in a warm home with lots of fun and laughter.

Today which is Wed. I was down at the church to the ladies group I belong to. 
We discussed events that would be happening in the future.  The strawberry tea is one of them.
I have belonged to this group for many years and we share many happy memories.  We have a laugh about the white cake we all had a recipe for which we found out later to turn out better needed a few extra eggs to help it rise.  I thought I was the only one whose cake had turned out disappointing.
We also share the latest gossip of what will be happening in the future.

Belonging has also meant to me to belong to something bigger that has the potential to add meaning and purpose to my life.

"We can only belong when we offer our most authentic selves and when we are embraced for who we are."  -   Brene Brown

I continue to learn more about myself as I share with others, in my family or in a group.

Life is learning to listen and to love ourselves and each other!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That is good you saw Theresa. Did you find out more about her upcoming trip and when she will be gone? Randy was off yesterday so I got to come home to a fire and supper ready to go. He was trying out a new recipe as he likes to do. I have not decided what we are making for dads birthday, does he have any requests?
Today is the day we tell everyone what their bonuses are, so it gets very busy for me receiving all of the instructions on how to pay them out.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I wouldn't mind going to the last Strawberry tea.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Okay Rick
The tea is in June,
I will get you a ticket.
Love mom