Monday, February 11, 2019

SNOW

It snow all day Sunday.  We were in watching Colombo  on T.V/ and a neighbor cleared off our driveway.  It kept snowing and another neighbor was cleaning off our driveway as we got ready for bed.  We could not tell who it was.

I did not go for a walk but shook snow off some of the branches.  I also put some ice down to help keep things clean.

We finally made it over to the store for much needed milk and bread.  Very busy there.

We would have liked to go to Carol and Panteli's for supper but more snow warnings in the forecast.  We have driven in lots of snow conditions but find it more stressful now.

We are feeling our age today that is for sure.

I do not want to be like the person in a story by Aoichan Cha of a person who goes out in the morning to see his chickens but picks up the droppings instead of the eggs.

I know it is important to accept the changes as we age.

There is a stillness that comes with the snow that I find is a blessing.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

The drive was not bad yesterday on my drive to work. I had to stop at the Jim Pattison on my way home for another X-ray on my foot. There was not a single person there waiting and I think the ladies were happy to see me so they had something to do.

It is looking a bit worse today but I am still busy at work so I willl be doing the drive again.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I hope the drivers are learning how to drive.

You will be glad to get home.

When will you find out about your foot?

Dad went to the dentist today,


love mom