Tuesday, February 26, 2019

THE CHALLENGE

                                               Life certainly can be a challenge!

Nature reminds us never to give up.  The little robbin was back again today so that must be a sign of spring.

Our family is going through a time of challenge that is affecting us all but Carol says we are going to all be stronger for this.

Dad and I had supper with Carol and Panteli.  Oliver is bach here going to school and of course Kim was there too.  It is so interesting to hear about their challanges in their studies and future hopes and dreams.

Very cold walking so lots of extra scarfs and gloves.  It is the wind that really makes it cold.

I am reading about the challenge of anger which is a emotion I struggle with. 

"Our anger may be a message that we are being hurt, that are rights are being violated, that our needs and wants are not being adequately met or simply something is just not right." -Harriet Lerner.

I am learning that growing up with an angry person affects how we deal with our life.  My dad had an anger problem which made me anxious to do the right thing.  I know he loved me but. . . .

Anyway I am gaining a new sense of self-worth as I listen carefully to my emotions.

I used to get angry at my brother who would tease me but that is normal.

I do not want my anger to get the best of me.

I need to be aware of the point of view of others and what they have had to cope with.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I agree with Carol, the more things the come to the light and are dealt with the better. The challenge is to not go half way!

That is good you are listening to your emotions. Me, I am just listening to my back pain. I guess just someone who has had kidney stones knows how annoying it is.

Should find out soon if our foster cat is pregnant or not.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I am tryingto decide how to let others in the family know first
about the sexual abuse and the anger of my father.

Sorry about your pain that is misrable.

It is Carol's birthday to-morrow
will find out what she would like to do.

Lovemom