Thursday, February 7, 2019

WAITING

This was several days ago when I took a walk over to the park.  Just a little bit of snow.  Now we are waiting for more snow to fall in the night.

Yesterday we were waiting at the cancer doctor's office and dad and the other young man started talking about boots.  Dad was impressed with his boots and believe it or not they were from Mark's.
We will go there soon and hopefully be able to find them.

I knew Joan would be waiting for me to come back and visit so dad and I drove to the hospital together.  There was absolutely no parking until we went to dad's hidden spot.  I went to the third floor and he was going to the second floor.  We both thought we would have trouble finding each other again.  Fortunately dad came to Joan's room and we found the way out together.

I also visit the Home where they have already picked out people for me to start visiting when I am ready.  I do enjoy visiting and it helps me feel I can still help others.  Dad also helps me to help too.

I have been doing some remembering of past regrets but I read today that regret is like striking a large bell in an empty field and then running to try and catch the sound.

I think living with a perfect person would be awful so all I can hope is that others especially family remember me for the kind things that I did do.

"Start trying to be perfect and love more."\
Demi Lovato


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Waiting for snow or dreading the snow. I would be quite happy with the winter passing by with no snow at all.

So with this sage advice about not chasing after the past have you been able to drop it?

I suppose two perfect people together might be fine, but for the rest of us better to have someone more interesting.

I think action s speak louder than words. I am sure you know of people who never see their grown children or grandchildren. Since your family obviously has not turned away from you then I would say your heart has been able to make up for your failings.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra.

Lovemom

Steady-as-rain said...

The way I see it, you have nothing to regret.

Snow is nice to look at - but that is all!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks Rick

Love mom