Saturday, February 2, 2019

QUESTIONS

                                                          My early morning walk.

                           "Questions are lanterns we swing ahead of us to see in the dark."

I went to visit Joan at Surrey Hospital on Friday.  I had to figure out how to get to the south side from the north side where we parked. and everyone was so kind answering my questions when I got lost several times.

Joan looked so tiny in the big hospital bed.  She had fallen and broke her arm and it also had broke her spirit.  She told me she was afraid and then asked what did she have to live for.  A difficult question.  I told her I could understand why she was feeling so down when the future is uncertain.  She is very weak and frail.  I tried to comfort her and remind her we just have to take one day at a time.  I promise to pray for her.

Saturday we drove into Ladner to have fish and chips at the pub.  It was very crowded and noisy bur lots of interesting happy people.   It does us good just to get out.

Both days we were going to stop and buy groceries but were too tired.

The main question in my mind now is whether I will continue to visit at the home.  I will if Joan is well enough to return there but it looks very doubtful at the moment.

Every life is important no matter what the age or ability is.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to 41C here yesterday. Nice and cool top of 22C here today. I’m on afternoon shift this week. The kids have settled into school. Matthew is starting grade 5 and Jasmine starting grade 4. I’ll watch some of the Super Bowl today before I go to work.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken that is way too hot!

We are watching some of the football.

Sandra was here visiting
and we are off to Carol's now.

Starting grades 5 and 4 that is amazing.

Love mom