Tuesday, February 12, 2019

IDEAS

                   New ideas can destroy old and comfortable certainties.  -Jordan Peterson
                   I need to keep an open mind to allow space for new thoughts and possibilities.
                         I am reading and writing my way to renewed health and wholeness.
                                     There has been a lot more snow since this was taken.
I was out sweep of the front driveway, we do not have a snow shovel, and it would be too heavy anyway. when T.J. my neighbor meets we shoveling from the bottom up.  He has been doing our driveway twice a day.  He cleans the snow off all around the corner too.  I am so thankful for his help.

I walked dad over to the Dentist, Bob Patterson.  He had a long appointment.  I met Aneta on my way home and she walked four more blocks with me.  The fresh air is good but walking tiring as a lot of places have not been cleared. 

I came home and made a banana loaf from a mix and then walked back to pick up dad.  He was really frozen but had a healthy shake with some frozen spinach in it.

We watched the news and then both had a rest.

I am thankful for a healthy marriage, phone calls from family and visits from Randy and Sandra.

"We need both faith and reason to make meaning in an uncertain world."  -Brene Brown

"Faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty."  -B Brown

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy has been hard at work to keep our driveway cleared. If it turn to rain by Thursday it is going to get very messy around here.

I have not attempted to walk in the snow, I don't have boots and it just makes me grumpy the people who dont shovel their sidewalks.

Randy has done 4 banana loafs this week.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

WOW
Randy is amazing! 4 banana loafs and shoving drive way!

I have just come in from a walk with Aneta. Very tired.
The fresh air is wonderful.
Dad is making an omlet!

Lovemom

Shandel said...

I am glad you have such awesome neighbors to help clear the snow. It is a lot of work. It was so windy here the other day the snow was blown hard towards our front door about 7 feet long. I was exhausted after clearing it.