Sunday, February 24, 2019

QUIET

               Sunday was a quiet day staying at home and then enjoying a quiet walk in the park.
                 Nature always has the effect of bringing quiet energy that calms the heart and soul. 
It has been a long time since I have been there and because of the cold weather and snow dad has not been riding his bike.

Saturday had been a great day spent with our old friends.  We have so much in common and we have fun just being together.  Although we are not studying we learn from one another just by sharing our joys and sorrows.  We accept one another just as we are which is a great gift.

"It is important to keep bring ourselves into the present moment, in which the past has a part to play but does not dominate the scene."  Ram Dass




3 comments:

Sandra said...

After my CT scan we went out to Lowes to get some paint for the guest bedroom. I wanted pink but we came home with purple and I am not sure now. The landing is a mess with all of the furniture and what not so I guess I better decide.

We had a nice Duo with Cameron and Shandel and caught up with them. Went for a walk just before it got dark and it is still very chilly out there.

Back is still sore but had a pretty good sleep so I am happy about that.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes sleep is so important.

I hope you can find out your results soon.

See how you feel before making plans for ST.

lOVE MOM

nancy-Lou said...

Awe Beth, My heart is sore for you....I can hear the pain you are suffering. I do hope a ray of sunshine comes into your life and helps you feel better. I don't know what you are grieving for, but it must be something pretty serious. Know that I keep you close in my heart and in my prayers too, for comfort and solace. I hope that things work out well for all.

We, here in cold Manitoba are so tired of winter. Tired of dressing up in our clunkiest coats, hats scarves and mitts. We haven't had a reprieve at all this winter...just away below normal temperatures and lots of snow. The prediction for March is colder than normal too which makes for flooding along the rivers. We are lucky to live on a high bank that overlooks the lake and will never get flooded out there.
BUT the septic tank froze, which meant we couldn't use the bathroom for three days until it was thawed out. Everyone is having troubles with freezing plumbing. My waterline is thawed out again and I sure hope it doesn't freeze a third time. it is 6 feet below the surface and frost is belwo that noe.

I hope the weather improves and you and Larry can get outdoors....one feels so good after a walk or bike ride don't they?

I send big hugs to you Beth...lots of love too! Feel better soon,

Love Nancy