Wednesday, February 27, 2019

KINDNESS

                              Yes it was pink shirt day to remind us to be kind and caring.
A good day for me to attend my Jet Lag Bible study group.  A group of very big hearted and kind friends.  We do not avoid any difficult questions.  Today we were looking at the life of Joseph and how he ended up in jail because he refused to be tempted to have sex at the invitation of Potiphar's wife.  His life had been difficult and yet he sense God's presence where ever he was.  He would become a blessing to those circumstances had drawn together.

We talked about sexual abuse we had experienced and it was interesting to hear what others had experienced.

I was reminded that bad things can happen to good people.  It is how we respond that is important.

I forgot to wear my shirt but any day is a good day to be reminded to be kind and consider the feelings of others over our own.

I am continuing to do soul searching and beingas honest as I know how.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It sounds like your experience is already being a blessing to others. By sharing your story others are able to open up about their own experiences. Hopefully feeling compassion for others stories helps to do the same for your self.

I now have shingles on my front and back. The pain on the pain is making it hard to sit or sleep. Just holding on till I get some drugs tomorrow. Do they give pain killers for shingles?

Happy giving birthday to Carol. Sixty years ago you had your first daughter. Did you guys still live in Richmond?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra it is very important to get medicine for shingles immediately.
It is so awfully painful.

Yes it was wondeerful to have our first daughter
and even a second daughter.

Sharing was very hard and I got all shaky.
It was good to feel loved by these dear friends.

We still lived on Sea Island.

Love mom