Wednesday, September 9, 2020

AT THE END OF THE DAY

                                      The end of the day dring home from Sandra and Randy's

The park was a perfect place to be for our study.  Four of us sat on the long benches with two on each end.  Others had brought their chairs and sat at one end.  It was my turn to be the leader.  I had misplaced my book and felt unprepared for the job.  I had others read out the questions and we all took turns answering.

I felt I was not doing a good job.  I came home and dad asked how it went and I said okay.

Later as we were watching T.V. the phone rang and one of the ladies who is very committed to our group phoned to say I had done a great job.

I really appreciated hearing that at the end of the day!

6 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Good thing you went. Sounds like it is a safe arrangement with everyone seated reasonably far apart.

There is a hawk flying around my place. They like to get mice and things out of the grasslands where the horses graze. I'm trying to get a good photo, but it isn't cooperating.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Looks like a fun day at Sandra's place. Enjoy the pool while you still can. We are getting warmer so you guys will be cooling off again. Is Randy better ?
The front pound has been drying up for years ,while the leak has only been the for 6 months.
Did you book Dad in for stool test ? Sunny and warm here today. I have to go for a hearing test tomorrow before they will pay me out , not sure why , but must be some legal requirements . Ken

beth bennett said...

The doctor appointment was a waste of time.

Did he want a colonoscopy.

That is all the doctor was willing to do.

No tests.

Love mom

Sandra said...

I went for a walk last night at 8 just as it was getting dark. Not my usually time but I had a very stressful day at work and needed more decompressing. A lot of families walking since it was still so warm, though not as hot as during the day of course.

It is nice to smell the end of summer, a very full mixed scent of flowers and grass, dried leaves starting to pile up here and there. There was just a lingering of the forest fire smoke, and then some people were having late bar barbeques.

It is so important to feel like the effort you put into something is appreciated. That is part of my stress right now, all the work I am doing and yet I am feeling it not seen as important.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, a colonoscopy would be a good idea. They are slightly less uncomfortable than they were years ago.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

A colonoscopy is a Test ! Ken