Thursday, September 24, 2020

SAFE

Yes we are to keep each other safe.

I am so thankful that Ken is now safe in Darwin after a stressful tiring journey.

We know how important his family is to him and how important it is to be at the wedding of his son and future daughter-in-law.  

A time to be present as they make their commitment of  of Holy Marriage.
Actions and words to express what we value in life.
We value family.
I hope these values were planted in childhood celebrations.

As a mother I know the worries I have experienced when I thought some one in our family was not safe.  

At this time when worries are being increased with the spreading of this virus we are told to limit our family gatherings.  This will help keep us all sate.

All night we heard the heavy rain and wind outside out windows and we were glad to be safe at home and in bed.

Pray for Melina to free of her headache pain and for all to be safe.

For all our family to be safe and calm!
 

5 comments:

beth bennett said...

Hi Sandra
We will phone Rick to-night.

He was going to see his doctor this morning.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

I am hoping for good news for Rick...my goodness he sure has had a bad time of it, hasn't he?

It is good to know that Ken made it to Darwin...it was nip and tuck!

Yes, we too, are staying home as much as we can...and that is 99% of the time. The Covid numbers are escalating in Manitoba too and especially in winnipeg. It is the younger people who are spreading it in bars and restaurants. I think they should close them. Also large groups. With Thanksgiving not that far away, I hope they change the numbers to a lot less.

Wwe are going to take Pedro for a walk soon..down the woodyard...as we say. Actually it is the woodyard road, that runs criss cross through the original quarter section of land that the Ateah Grandparents settled on. I like to think of all the Ateah's who have gone through there...I think we are up to 6 generations now. Originally it was where they cut wood and sold it to the cottagers. The coyotes live down there, we often see them peeking at us from the periphery of the forest.We often here them howl and yip and yap just a dusk.

I hope you and Larry stay away from restaurants...there seems to be so many people getting ill from them here.

Well, we are off on our walk,
Wishing you and Larry a good day, and no pain,
Love Nancy

Unknown said...

It was kind of nice to see the wind and rain, and next week is supposed to be hot and sunny again! I am still humming and hahing if I will go to Manning with Carol and Kim and Theresa. There are no results yet on the kittens leg.
Very annoying.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy.

I would love to see where you live.

We are being careful but have eaten out twice.

Love Beth

Anonymous said...

Day 2 .The food keeps us on our toes guessing what they will drop off. We have had 5 bean salad twice now for lunch. It is nearly 4pm ...dinner time.....Thats when we got fed yesterday. also the was a huge storm at 430 so maybe they just did it early to avoid the rain.
I got up at 5:30am to see the last of the lightning . no thunder ,no rain . I went for three walks today , trying to get fit , LOL , if only my knee would play ball and stop hurting. I think I am 5 mins from Litchfield nation park , it is beautiful with its waterfalls and swimming hole. I was hoping they would let us out for a day trip. I did my Covid test yesterday , I passed.

ken