Saturday, September 5, 2020

NEIGHBOR

                                                Our neighbor's house.  I am in my back yard.
Our neighbor Core came over Thursday  afternoon to tell us the city had found a small leak in his front yard.  Maybe it could be a problem.  They turned the water off but it was still running.  He would have it fixed by Friday morning. 

The drainage people where there early in the morning.  Care came over and we stared at the miserable mess together.  It was still draining.  He came over later in the day to say he could hear water running.

Early this morning he informed me that a leak had been found under his foundation.  They broke up the cement and got in to fix the problem.  We both go to the front yard to have a look at the water.  One stream of water had stopped.  Later I went out to look again and the water has stopped running.

It seems like a miracle.

I wish we were feeling a little better to enjoy it.  Dad is worried about our Insurance writing a letter about we have to sue them.  WHAT?

My asthma has gotten very bad.  I am coughing a lot and it is very tiring.  I am fortunate to have an puffer which really helps.

One problem solved and another pops up.

Spenser had a good checkup at the Vets.  His ears are good and so are his joints.  He will have a shot once a month now.  Dad would like to get one too.

Jane told me a funny story.  She put out a mouse trap to catch a mouse.  It ended up sitting on the trap eating the cheese.  These mice are everywhere and they are getting smarter!

7 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Great news they found the leak. Same thing happened to me , the plumber lucky found the leak in one minute and fixed it in an hour .If it was under the house it would have cost us thousands .
Keep up the control eating you were feeling better earlier on in the week . Has Dad had a stool check lately ? maybe he has some sort of gut infection?? I think a Colonoscopy would be a good idea as well.
It was a good run for the Canucks. I think they were very wore down defending all the time they ran out of energy to score. Next Year.....
Happy Fathers Day . :)

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken it is good news.

Dad is doing worse again,
we have to look at what he ate.

He has a phone appointment with the dr.

I wanted his own doctor to start things on his own.
but things are different now.

Glad your leak was fixed quickly.

We enjoyed the hockey but the other team was a tiny bit better.

Happy Father's Day to you too.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day Ken! Hope you are able to get out for
A nice lunch somewhere the gestapo cant catch you.

! saw where one of the toronto sport writers was saying
how great the Canucks were - not like Toronto.
Never thought I would here that

DAD

Sandra said...

It will be nice to not have to see the mud puddle out front. I wonder how much dirt got washed away underneath and if we should fill in a bit.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, I'm very glad the source of the water problem has been found (too bad for the duck, though). However, the leak seems to have been going on for years and might well have done some damage to your house. So some thought needs to go into that. Maybe get one of these house inspectors to come by and dig around a bit, once the main problem is clearly solved? Anyway, something to think about.

What the insurance company is saying, I believe, is actually quite benign. I will call you tonight or in the morning just to go over it, but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

I am starting to think Dad's digestion problems have very little to do with diet. So talking to the doctor seems like a good idea.

I have to go out and witness some legal papers getting signed today, so I have to get showered and shaved and put on clean clothes, which is a bit unusual for me these days.

Love,

Rick


Shandel said...

Well that is some good news. To finally have the water problem solved. Yes, i agree, the other team played a little bit better. The Canuck's goalie sure did a good job. I am sad there are no more Canadian teams. But will watch to see the winner at the end. We have a gloomy day here, hoping some sun will come out and cure my pumpkins.

beth bennett said...

Yes we are hopeful it all has been solved.
There is still water lying on the grass but it is not running.
And it sure ran all down the street.
We will keep an eye on things.

Love mom