Tuesday, September 29, 2020

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY

 

I love the month of September.
                                                 We were married on a beautiful fall day.

My parents were so happy and proud of me and of dad.  This means a lot to young people when they marry.  I felt beautiful and dad looked so handsome.  Dad is writing words on his computer as I write this.  He is more romantic than I am which helps keep our love alive.

Dad wants to take me out to buy a new dress and ask everyone to join us for a supper out.  I do not feel up to doing that today.  We have to be here when the exterminator is here.

I just heard today of  a marriage break up with a couple we like very much. So sad.  This Virus has caused many problems with our relationships.

Dad and I value our relationships with all our family.

I believe at this time of life it is important to embrace our vulnerability as we find we cannot do a lot of things.
 
We all enjoy hearing dad tell stories but it is good to ask what did that story mean to you?

Our family is asking what can they do to help us.  There are a few simple chores I need help with.

We enjoy their visits and invitations to have a meal with them.
We do not want family to stress and worry about us.  We all have enough stress in our lives.

.Our goal is to try to live in this house for a few more years.
We will get more help when we need it.

We will need more help in deciding what to get rid of and what we can give to others.

Maybe a work family  day to clean up the yard.

Maybe with shopping.  Although right now we are doing okay.  We were both very tired just buying some plastic containers and a garbage can.

We have to be more open to advice and act upon it too.

Today a day for good memories!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 64 years of marriage .
I did a full 30 mins walking this morning . I can't track my steps as my Fitbit broke. 7 days left .
ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, wedding days are special!

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! You guys are a huge inspiration to us. I agree so much with what you said. Family support is very high on our list of values. With that comes worry. It's almost like we just can't help it. I often wish we lived closer so we could help and visit more. What gives me comfort is knowing that family also means the friendship is strong even with distance between us. I have missed your blog. Homework eats my life away right now. I have less then 5 weeks to go.